● Fort Myers is the midpoint between Miami and Tampa. There are 1.3 million people residing in Southwest Florida, with more than 760,000 living in Lee County.
● Educational opportunities abound with 8 universities and colleges and more than 120 schools in Lee County.
● Dine and entertain at more than five large shopping complexes and hundreds of restaurants – all within 15 miles of the airport
● Nearly 50 miles of world-renowned beaches
● More than 150 golf courses
● Spring training home of the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins baseball teams
● Diverse arts community with theatres, museums, galleries and festivals
● One of the top travel destinations in the U.S.
Heaped with sugary white sand, Fort Myers Beach is a popular destination for visitors eager to engage in watersports such as parasailing and kayaking or just as eager to simply relax on the inviting beach.
The hottest day of the year is August 7, with an average high of 91°F and low of 75°F. The cool season lasts for 2.7 months, from December 7 to February 26, with an average daily high temperature below 77°F. The coldest day of the year is January 18, with an average low of 55°F and high of 74°F.
10.2 Million annual passengers (2019)
A terminal expansion project is planned to begin in 2021. The $250+ million project will enhance the travel experience at RSW, especially during the busy winter season.
Not only is Fort Myers the fastest growing city in the state of Florida, but it also ranks at the top of two lists in the entire United States.
According to WalletHub a leading personal finance website, Fort Myers was the fastest growing city in the country in 2018.
The company took into consideration a variety of factors, including but not limited to overall population growth and unemployment rate.
Fort Myers to:
- Fort Myers Beach: 45min
- St. Petersburg: 1h40
- Tampa: 1h52
- Miami: 2h20
- Orlando: 2h45
Sotheby’s International Realty® is a registered trademark licensed to Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. Each office is independently owned and operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.